Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Homeward Bound


Wyoming
Transplanted
by Patricia Midge Farmer

If I had not come to these high plains,
my heart would have missed
the beat of this love of place,
my guts would have yearned for
some unknown fulfillment,
my mind would have shrunk
to a small civilized size,
and my soul would have tentacles,
searching, always reaching out
for what I found here. 

But I am now like the tenacious sage
wide roots forced into
this seldom yielding ground
to make a place for me
to hold on tight
to nurture and be nourished
and, oh this land does feed me.

5 comments:

  1. I guess that Wyoming is allright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, just beautiful. As your producer, or as I like to call it, your mother, you've just given me an insight into why you've settled so very far from home. You've achieved what every mother wants for her child ... a life that makes you happy.

    I love you wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it completely slipped your mind that you have followers out here waiting to be lead .......... you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him/her drink. Need I say more? I hope not, because this is all I have prepared.

    Anxiously awaiting your return,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said I would read this stuff but I'm gonna have to stop at the poetry... I think it would mess up my man vibes to read poetry I skipped it... Why is poetry written like that its a clue for real men to skip it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't actually HAVE any man vibes.

    ReplyDelete

Do what?