Sunday, July 18, 2010

Life on the Road

My husband and I have been on the road since 2007. We are a one truck business, he drives and I do the books. We average 10,000 miles a month and have fun doing it. The window of our "office" is the open road and everyday is something new. We get along well which is good since the we are together 24/7 and our living space is the size of a walk-in closet. Actually, I have been in walk-in closets that are bigger but that's ok. It suits us. We are minimalists by nature, I think.

So I thought I would start this as a way to spend my time more constructively. I mean really, how often can I look up people on Facebook that I care nothing about or watch dogs jumping on trampolines on youtube. Seriously, I think my brain is starting to atrophy.

If all you can picture when you think of truckers is a big fat guy, none too clean with a penchant for peeing in a bottle and then throwing it out the window just stop right there. They are out there. We are not them. Himself ( my husband) and I are reasonably weighted (I just made that up), clean (except for an accident I had today with my coffee cup) and have never once littered so much as a straw wrapper much less a pee bottle.

That's it for now. I must learn how to use this new technology called blogging. It's incredible the things you can do with the internet. Pretty soon they will be putting a man on the moon!


5 comments:

  1. funny about the moon there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You expect me to read all this shit you have written... You know I have ADHD and cant stay still... But I will try. I think I am at the start. July 18 2010 the day you started this blog.. I will post my comments. I will give my true thoughts...Shalom and Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. I have created a MONSTER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. I have created a MONSTER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I have created a MONSTER!

    ReplyDelete

Do what?