Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tenacity Lane is a Dead End and Other Bird Brained Ideas



You know how last time, I said I was in a super secret location that may or may not be your closet?

Well, I'm still holed up there, only now it's somewhere else.

Where am I going with all this secrecy? I have no idea. I just thought it sounded cool.

Were the neighborhood planners
being ironic or were they
just depressives?

*****


Why is it that a week away from the internet feels like a year?

The Tumbleweeds have been doing a Grand Tour of Florida as our Swan Song out of trucking.

And by Grand Tour, I mean visiting family and eating too much. There were no actual swans involved, singing or otherwise, but there were some shady-looking sandhill cranes.


Sandhill cranes lurking around suspiciously.


Very suspicious indeed.

Y'all probably have super glamorous, busy, and fulfilling lives and didn't even know I was gone from the internets; but it seems like an eternity from my point of view. And, I have to interact with real people. In the real world.

In the real world, I can't just leave a witty comment and move on. I have to talk to these real people. And listen. I have to listen and respond as if I were listening.

Being a Professional Passenger for the last 5 years has not prepared me for this. In less than a month, I'm going to have to deal with all this so-called reality all the time. 

Oy vey.

But I'm having fun.

And just like I have no real idea of why I'm telling you I'm in hiding, I have no idea of what the future outside of trucking will look like.

And that's ok. I'll make my own reality.

Or reality will smash me in the face. It could go either way really.


*****

In completely unrelated news, Himself was attacked by a vicious fish while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico but you'll have to wait for that story until I get settled back in the truck.

Until then I leave you with this product from the shelves of a Sarasota toy store:

Yes, for $3.99 you too
can have fresh breath just like
Kim Jong-il.

10 comments:

  1. I'll be looking forward to the story of the fish bite.

    You'll master the eye glaze, or the talk and walk away faster than you think. I can't remember the last time I remembered that "Hi, how are you" was supposed to be reciprocated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole brain glazes over now. I'm not quite sure how well that's going to work when I get a *real*job.

      I'm kind of hoping to win the lottery before then.

      Delete
  2. a viscous fish attack ? i hope the tongue scraper is not a clue as to where himself was attacked.

    oy! reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized, it's kind of fun to say vicious fish over and over.

      Reality bites. So do fish.

      Delete
  3. I believe you will do quite well with interacting with real people, as long as you don't say what you are thinking, ( just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the h is happening on that tongue scraper package? Are bikini-clad hussies trying to steal his tongue apparatus? Is his tongue so clean he's rendered himself irresistible?

    Right now, my dear husband is hoovering the water out of our basement - the water that so enjoyed the multiple showers taken by various family members at the end of the day, that it now refuses to leave our residence through the normal system of pipes. I bet that never happens in the truck. So enjoy your last few weeks. Then it's welcome back to the world of flooded basements. Of course it's also the world of on-board bathrooms and unlimited couch access, so it's not all bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's a magic tongue scraper? Although, you'd think if North Korea could manage that then they could probably get a rocket into space too.

      Ugh, a flooded basement doesn't sound like fun at ALL. We tricked our basement into not flooding by virtue of the fact that we don't have one. We do need a roof, however. Haven't figured out how to not have one of those.

      Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You're preaching to the choir Doc.

      Good to have you riding along!

      Delete

Do what?